Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Comfort and Contentment...


This topic I feel can suit everyone not only in our daily lives but in our spiritual lives as well. I'm going to talk about comfort and contentment with life, spiritual life, and not changing our hair. OK, first off I get several people that come into my salon that say they want something new. However, when they start describing to me what they want its exactly what they already have, the only difference is that it may be shorter. To a hairdresser that can be the most frustrating thing to deal with because I don't know about other hairdressers but I look at someone and am like "BAM" your hair would look awesome with this color or this cut. Hairdressers are very artsy people and we like to emphasise that in our work. Some people their hair is like their comfort blanket and they do not wish to change it, even if it would benefit the person and make them look better. The same goes for our every day life. I find I see so many people going back to a relationship that never worked in the first place but yet they still keep trying to make it work. The only reason these people keep doing this is because they are comfortable with the relationship it's not like they actually love the person. It's a sad thing when people are not content with themselves to be alone that they have to have a significant other in their life to make them happy. Now I'm going to talk about not wanting to change our spirutal life. I see so many people that have gone to the same church since birth basically and they obviously are not happy with it. Yet they still attend it! So many people do not realize especially with your spiritual life that if your church isn't allowing you to grow spiritually it is not good. There comes a time when you need to change. I for one hate change I hate the idea of going to a church my family does not or even hate the idea of not having certain people with you everyday. You know change can not always be good but yet it can also be really good and help you grow closer to the people you have in your life, and grow closer to God as well which is the best change of them all. The one kind a change I would recommend for anyone would not be your hair or your life but your spiritual life. Your life becomes more content when you have God as a number one in your everyday life. He can make things so much better, it reminds me of a song by Matthew West called "You know where to find me". The lyrics go as such: "If you ever need me you know where to find me I will be waiting where I've always been, if you ever need me you know where to find me I have never left you I have been where I've always been right by your side". I feel this song has helped me in so many ways. When you feel no one understands what your going through and no ones there for you. There is always one person that is ALWAYS there for you and that person is God. God puts songs like this in our life to help us through hard times to feel comfort in them. I hope everyone has a song or verse that helps them in life.


* " Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have".* Philippians 2:14*

1 comment:

  1. I so agree with: Your life becomes more content when you have God as a number one in your everyday life!!!

    ReplyDelete